Sunday 10 August 2008

Do you think I should take the term "drama queen" off my CV/Resume?

Ritzya, a drama coach and public speaker trainier, asks: Do you think the term "drama queen" has a negative connotation? In some worlds it does... the definition: someone that turns everything into drama. However, In the world of stage it is wonderful - in every day life it can be a challenge. Based on your answer, and keeping in mind that I am a professional public speaking/drama coach, do you think I should take "the drama queen" off of my CV/Resume?

In answer:
In 999 out of 1000 cases, I would say YES, remove it - as I think most would, because of those negative connotations. In your singular case, I have thought about this, and I know that YES you should remove it!

It doesn't say "professional" in a personal profile or CV/Resume - it says NIGHTMARE in big, bold, black script with large polished trombones!

Its great as a piece of marketing, and possibly as a marketing choice in a section of a CV/Resume. But as a piece of personal branding as opposed to marketing - disastrous!

No comments: