Saturday 26 January 2008

TPS: Global Telecom - here we go again.....

Global Telecom are a UK telco, with a registered address to a PO Box in north London, who use mass cold call techniques. They are well known in the industry for their rather callous calls and "blind" switching techniques - ie: they switch you without your knowledge from existing supplier, most often BT.

I have just had call from these idiots on my TPS registered home line (been registered for two years, so they can't exactly claim it wasn't), and this is just a warning to those of you who, even if you are TPS registered, these people will still call you. Don't what ever you do give out any information - their cold callers blindly (to you) switch you to their services. Their contracts include wonderful "must give notice in a window" type exit clauses, and often as the internal bonus multipliers increase on length of contract, the cold callers will advise internally that you agreed a three or five year contract. If you don't notice the switch, its pretty difficult to get out of.

The only line I am TPS registered on is my home line. The cold caller who called me when I immediately advised I was TPS registered, in return asked for my bank details to confirm my ID - Doh! Honestly, there are no limits to these people! And people wonder why cold calling is seen as such a yucky and underhanded technique, and when they use it why you are bound to get a few "sex and travel" responces!

I have just filed a TPS complaint against Global Telecom, and rang my telephone service provider so they can put a note on my file to advise of the call and block any switch. If you get unsolicited cold calls on TPS/CTPS registered telephone lines, please do the same thing - such underhanded techniques need to be stamped out for the good of all.

No comments: